Search This Blog

Thursday 20 November 2014

Planning for Digi-pak

When it comes to creating my second digi-pak after looking through all the images from the shoots we did, I have selected certain images which I feel will compliment each other nicely on the final product, using a range of long and wide establishing shot, close-ups and extreme close-ups. 

This image In particular I am considering for either the front cover of the digi-pak or even as the image to have as just a feature image on the album perhaps behind the lyric book which we are going to create, with this image also being the front cover of the lyric book. I was considering doing the whole album in black and white to add a more elegant feel, with hints of colour throughout i.e. when you open the CD case up the disc will also be in colour perhaps I am thinking at the moment a pink rose, to address the artist femininity and also I feel this colour in paticula will make her appeal to the younger range within her target audience i.e. those in their early teens as the album would appear to be quiet 'girly' as this stereo-typically would attract their attention. 

Furthermore for the back cover of my digi-pak I have decided to use a long shot in order to portray the artists whole body, therefore making her album also appeal to the male gender as this image would sexualise her, again as i have previously mentioned relating to Mulvey's theory of the 'Male Gaze' and also voyerism. This image I have selected I feel does this well along with some of the other close-up images I have selected as her body language and also facial expressions, the ideology behind the idea of her head also being tilted up slightly can be related to mens magazines where the models in these often also form this pose in order to capture the male attention as it can be considered quiet sexualised and suggestive. 


I also am considering using this image of Poppy as again it adds I feel to the male gaze aspect, I think this would be a good image to incorporate into my final digi-pak again perhaps converting it into a black and white still. It also links in with other CD covers I have looked at for others artist preforming in the same genre such as Pixie Lott and Ellie Goulding as many of Pixie Lott's CD covers carry out the same poses and facial expressions as this image here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment