Search This Blog

Friday 24 October 2014

Digi-Pak Ideas

When creating my digi-pak I have gained influence from Rihanna's divi-pak 'LOUD' as i want to include on the front of the divi-pak my artist face, perhaps a close-up of my artists face, however in contrast with Rihanna's digi-pak mine is going to be black and white perhaps as then the image will then relate in with the music video I am going to create. 

however this is only an idea at the moment, therefore another idea I had was to do a photoshoot in Notting Hill where there are pastel coloured houses which would be great to shoot my artist outside, as it would give the idea to the target audience that the genre of music my artist creates is 'pop' this I feel also gives a fun, young and also girly feel to the album, therefore again it would relate into the target audience well. 

I also wanted to add an element of ballet into the divi-pack perhaps on the back where the song titles are going to be displayed, I was thinking a good image to use would be of the ballet dancers feet and legs, as this also adds a sexualised representation of my artist, therefore appealing to a male audience also. 

Within my divi-pak there is going to be two CD Disks inside, one of these will be the song on the album, the second disc I was planning on being bonus tracks. Inside the divi-pak there is also going to be a lyric book, with lyrics to all the songs inside therefore the audience will be able to sing along or even learn the songs once they buy the album. At the moment I am thinking of having a back and white theme on my album however when you open up the divi-pak inside there will be a row of colour, to perhaps show my artist personality, the images we are taking in Notting Hill will be useful for this aspect, as I could have a row of the houses inside once you open up the album. I want the CD disks at the moment to be quiet plain so perhaps matte black with pink typography of the artists name and the name of the album 'Uncovered', my idea for this has been influenced by Ellie Gouldings CD disc for her album Halcyon. 



When taking the shots for my divi-pak I was thinking of having images that looked similar to this or this sort of style, to not only clearly identify my artist on the digi-pak, but to also add an element of fun to the album. 





No comments:

Post a Comment